Standard split
14 years ago

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
mrsherbie
14 years ago

I can't be bothered to read the previous 14 pages. Can someone please explain the whole story from the beginning? :lol:

1958ghia wrote:

:lol:

1 car, many conflicting stories. Some guys who have been around a long time know more truth than the published info.

Just goes to prove though, it is an interesting car in part due to this sex lies and videotape provenance.

Reminds me of the backlash after Jamie O said his samba had a porsche engine in it on Topgear. ( By the way I LOVE Jamie O (almost as much as Hugh but not quite) and his new USA series is great!)

By the way Mr Standard, blank posts are illegal and subject to a user ban for lack of contentious content :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Standard split
14 years ago

:lol:

By the way Mr Standard, blank posts are illegal and subject to a user ban for lack of contentious content :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

I was lost for words:oops:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Standard split
14 years ago

I was lost for words:oops:

Standard split wrote:

When was the last time you saw Rattletrap John?

pre67vw wrote:

That's why :roll:

GKL 7
14 years ago

That's why :roll:

Standard split wrote:

Not good enough,answer the question:lol:
Standard split
14 years ago

I find this never ending thread such a depressing bore. Anything else on the menu?

48REME wrote:

Don't often agree with 48RME, but maybe its time to put Rattletap to bed and move on… :roll:

bruce
14 years ago

The pics of the 're-borne car' if studied show what must be a replacement later style small window door, August 1955 - 1964, (small latch and no inside ribbing) on what was the badly damaged side, but still the pre August 1955 ribbed door on the undamaged (driver's) side.

Standard split wrote:

Go back to page 6 and look at your pics. The right side door is clearly a pre-55 door with the rubber alignment wedges.  RTrapRep3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sunroof53
14 years ago
Your totally right Bruce about the door.I put a lot of time into this thread ,finding old features etc and hope there is enough here for people to make there own mind up on this car.I dont think anyone is going to change there thoughts as its all a matter of personal opinion .The only thing i would still like to see are Tonys mileage logs from 1951 for his 1952 car...:wink:
Standard split
14 years ago
Ah well, the Rattletrap 'theory' rumbles on – I did try to 'put it to bed':?

48 RME you'd best go to the 57 - 67 forum as you are so tired of this – lots of shiny cars there, yours too :twisted:

However, for those of you still interested, I'll be posting some ground-breaking info on Rattletrap later today. This will be fact and not the guess work and theories that we've put up with so far.:shock:

Sunroof53
14 years ago

Ah well, the Rattletrap 'theory' rumbles on – I did try to 'put it to bed':?

I'll be posting some ground-breaking info on Rattletrap later today. This will be fact and not the guess work and theories that we've put up with so far.:shock:

Standard split wrote:

You need to try much harder...:twisted: ...:lol:

The suspense is killing me :roll: :roll: .

Standard split
14 years ago

The only thing i would still like to see are Tonys mileage logs from 1951 for his 1952 car...:wink:

Sunroof53 wrote:

Wrong… 1950 for his 1950 car:shock:

7C-76985p3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sunroof53
14 years ago
You should know better than to take a painted peice of board as proof of manufacture 😳 . Chassis nunbers dont lie and Tony made the error of publishing the original number in Safer motoring .The chassis number published ties up with every detail on the car .Its a Zwitter made in December 52.That original chassis was swapped for a 55 by TBS years later.

Jury is still out

:twisted:
Standard split
14 years ago

You should know better than to take a painted peice of board as proof of manufacture 😳 . Chassis nunbers dont lie and Tony made the error of publishing the original number in Safer motoring .The chassis number published ties up with every detail on the car .Its a Zwitter made in December 52.That original chassis was swapped for a 55 by TBS years later.

Jury is still out

:twisted:

Sunroof53 wrote:

Yes, but Tony claimed to have mileage records back to 1950, the car is believed to ended-up with a 1953 chassis (as shown in your Safer Motoring copy):wink:

Don't know where you get the '1952' chassis then '1955' chassis from[-x

The bomb-shell will come soon though:shock:

Chris
14 years ago

The bomb-shell will come soon though:shock:

Standard split wrote:

We're all here waiting...
UserPostedImage

I can't believe Rob hasn't locked this yet. Where is he when you need him ?

UserPostedImage
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Yes, but Tony claimed to have mileage records back to 1950

Standard split wrote:

Yes, for the car he started with.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Standard split
14 years ago

Yes, for the car he started with.

JD wrote:

What's left of the car he started with :?

I hope your computers are all bomb-proof :d

Keep your coffee away from the keyboards… this thread will be concluding soon :shock:

Rob for heaven's sake don't lock it 😳

GKL 7
14 years ago
He's probably trying to work out how to post pictures and is delaying 'til he gets his head around it.
Or he's had a Seance and Tony ,himself, is about to come on line.
Standard split
14 years ago

He's probably trying to work out how to post pictures and is delaying 'til he gets his head around it.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Just making sure there's a full audience – see if it all crashes:twisted:

GKL 7
14 years ago

Just making sure there's a full audience

Standard split wrote:

They all went away BORED STIFF weeks ago.
Get on with it and if it's an anti climax be prepared for flak
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

What's left of the car he started with ?

Standard split wrote:

Nothing - he scrapped it and started again with a 52.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage