Standard split
14 years ago

IF there is another one, it won't be until 2012

pre67vw wrote:

Hell, you'll need to come and dig me up :shock:

Poor Rattletrap's 13 years older than me – he'll have disintegrated to a pile of dust by then 😞

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
pre67vw
14 years ago

Poor Rattletrap's 13 years older than me – he'll have disintegrated to a pile of dust by then 😞

Standard split wrote:

Nah, most of it's much younger than that :wink: :lol:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
14 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

:lol: :lol: Line of the day,that one:lol: :lol:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

Roffle!:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
48REME
14 years ago

IF there is another one, it won't be until 2012

pre67vw wrote:

IF? This word scares me Rob...! 😞
pre67vw
14 years ago

IF? This word scares me Rob...! 😞

48REME wrote:

I just don't think it should be taken for granted that there will be another one. The first one was a success in my opinion, which means another one is a strong possibility - but it depends on a lot of people to make it happen, not just the organisers but the town council - and also of course the people who help by getting involved with their cars etc.

Treat each show as though it might be the last, because one day you'll be right :wink:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
14 years ago
Surely the council must be impressed by the way it went last time, so they shouldn't hesitate to support the team this time.:wink:
pre67vw
14 years ago

Surely the council must be impressed by the way it went last time, so they shouldn't hesitate to support the team this time.:wink:

48REME wrote:

I hope so! but lets not hijack the Rattletrap thread too much - people might start reading it again :wink: :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Ovaltine
14 years ago

The ancient 'Standard Twit' is planning to be at Lavenham Vintage VW show if he's still around.

Standard split wrote:

48REME wrote:

I'm sure once the council and organisers find out that Standard Splits going to take the famous Rattletrap there the show will be a certainty :lol:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
Standard split
14 years ago

…I personally think you owe it to Rt and its supporters to attend at least one more show.I think you would be surprised at the positive interest it would create.

Sunroof53 wrote:

Well said Mike.

Come on John.....Tony was never afraid to have Rattletrap out and about so I think you owe it not just to us but to Rattletrap himself to give him a little outing or two. :beer:

55Kab wrote:

IF there is another one, (Lavenham) it won't be until 2012

pre67vw wrote:

I'm sure once the council and organisers find out that Standard Splits going to take the famous Rattletrap there the show will be a certainty :lol:

Ovaltine wrote:

I was considering taking my '49 to Lavenham, being not too far from London (on a trailer though :oops: ).

But I guess it's true – it would have to be Rattletrap the VW legend and star – but not on a trailer, he needs the extra miles on the clock :!:

Okay Lavenham organisers and local council – it's a promise Rattletrap will be there, so get the show on the road :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
55Kab
14 years ago

it's a promise Rattletrap will be there, so get the show on the road[/b] :beer:

Standard split wrote:

8) :d

I'd fly back from the Middle East just to see that :!:

Standard split
14 years ago

8) :d

I'd fly back from the Middle East just to see that :!:

55Kab wrote:

Well Lavenham will be a certainty now that Rattletrap's going to be centre stage there :beer:

They'll all be running round each other to have the show ready for 2012. Maybe it should be named the Rattletrap VW Event at Lavenham 😎

Have your air ticket to hand, and let's hope the Icelandic's get their volcano sorted out by then. Rattletrap won't take kindly to volcanic ash in his air cleaner :lol:

Standard split
14 years ago

H'mmm, yes I think so as I was thinking about a famous black 53 (or is that 50!) Split Beetle!

Think you should stand for the "We follow Rattletrap party"...:wink:

55Kab wrote:

You have a good point – I'm working on it 😛

Oh BTW he's a '50, Tony would know…:wink:

Tony's correctoin2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
14 years ago
So it's a completely standard 1950 (with a prototype oval dash?) that does over 80mph and averages 46mpg? And he never as much as changed the oil...

I'm starting to think maybe the Herbie movies were actually documentries...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
14 years ago
Baronsmede, Ealing, London W5...funny...it's where my mother's carpenter used to live:wink:
GKL 7
14 years ago

So it's a completely standard 1950 (with a prototype oval dash?) that does over 80mph and averages 46mpg? And he never as much as changed the oil...

pre67vw wrote:

That's Funny:lol:
Standard split
14 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

Nah, Herbie is a fictional nonsense, whereas Rattletrap is a reality 😎

I think that Tony was reading Rattletrap's speedo which is kilometers, so I guess 80kms per hour would be about right.

The oil was probably changed when each knackered engine was swapped. As for the 46mpg, he did seem to spend a lot of his journeys pushing Rattletrap judging by his writings:lol:

I don't think numbers were Tony's strongest point.:?

pre67vw
14 years ago
It would be nice if not every thread on the forum ended up talking about Rattletrap, please try and keep Rattletrap discussions to this thread only :wink:

Makes Tony Levy's 1950 Zwitter pre-production prototype claim for Rattletrap's unusual features seem more plausible for sure :wink:

Standard split wrote:

I think it would be pretty straight forward to settle this argument, just send the chassis number off to VW and get a birth certificate. The birth certificate will have the year of manufacture on it, job done. But I don't think you want to do that, you'd rather try and keep the legend alive. Maybe we can have a whip around and I'll send off for it...

I don't think numbers were Tony's strongest point :?

Standard split wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
55Kab
14 years ago
 Rattletrap p1 S.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
55Kab
14 years ago
 Rattletrap p2 S.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.