64rotbox
15 years ago
From the one small photo I can see of it, I can tell that I wouldn't touch it with anyone's bargepole.
You can call me Al.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago

From the one small photo I can see of it, I can tell that I wouldn't touch it with anyone's bargepole.

64rotbox wrote:

:lol: ive seen better
topolino
15 years ago
hi stu, if your looking for a rustfree oval ,you can have the green 57 back for £4,000,that is a solid car taxed and tested till october, paul.  oval5 002_renamed_2483.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
69project
15 years ago

hi stu, if your looking for a rustfree oval ,you can have the green 57 back for £4,000,that is a solid car taxed and tested till october, paul.

topolino wrote:

buy buy buy!!!!
Car less.....
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

hi stu, if your looking for a rustfree oval ,you can have the green 57 back for £4,000,that is a solid car taxed and tested till october, paul.

topolino wrote:

i'd love it back, but it has a few issues that made me sell it on in the first place
GKL 7
15 years ago
I know of a few nice Ovals that the owners could be persuaded to sell.
What is the top end of your budget?
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Well it is a 54! and it certainly is cheap so far, and just a few miles from me, but dont worry I dont want it.
It has been fairly recently registered in this country on that plate, but it sounds to me like he is talking about the handbrake being adjustable through the front end of the tunnel? I'm sure its easily fixable but certainly not 'a rare handbrake system' cheeky bugger! :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

I know of a few nice Ovals that the owners could be persuaded to sell.
What is the top end of your budget?

'50 Karmann wrote:

at an absolute stretch probably 5k
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1954-VOLKSWAGEN-BEETLE-1200-L-BLACK_W0QQitemZ160318001866QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item160318001866&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

MAYBE????

69project wrote:

ive just rang it up, he sending more pics tonight :lol:
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Well it is a 54! and it certainly is cheap so far, and just a few miles from me, but dont worry I dont want it.
It has been fairly recently registered in this country on that plate, but it sounds to me like he is talking about the handbrake being adjustable through the front end of the tunnel? I'm sure its easily fixable but certainly not 'a rare handbrake system' cheeky bugger! :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

yeh, not really sure what he means by that?
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Here is a nice one !
Never welded car, need some welding on the head from the chassis, original NOS part is included ! Car was repainted on the outside in 1983 , inside all original !
Check the nice items on the car, Dehne , clocks, vase ect !

https://picasaweb.google.nl/GuidoR1961/57Ovale8000Euro# 

Guido:wink:
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Here is a nice one !
Never welded car, need some welding on the head from the chassis, original NOS part is included ! Car was repainted on the outside in 1983 , inside all original !
Check the nice items on the car, Dehne , clocks, vase ect !

https://picasaweb.google.nl/GuidoR1961/57Ovale8000Euro# 

Guido:wink:

Etzhold1 wrote:

blimey is there enough stuff on the dash lol, where is this one?
GKL 7
15 years ago
Nice car Guido, but the guys budget is £5K.
The £ is
D
O
W
N
:cry:

mind you car has a couple of grands worth of extras on it
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

The £ is
D
O
W
N

'50 Karmann wrote:

sure is, doesnt pay to buy abroad anymore
Etzhold1
15 years ago

The £ is
D
O
W
N

mind you car has a couple of grands worth of extras on it

'50 Karmann wrote:

That car is in Belgium where else??:lol:
8000 euro (7150 £)is for free for that car ! If you would sell the extras you would get some nice £££ for these items ! Why buying a car from 5000 or less, and then you need to invest a few thousend more to make it driveble ! And what have you then a complete restored car that IMO is less worth then a never restored original car ! This car need a good cleaning, and you can drive it for years without any problem ,all mechanical parts are rebuilded ! a few years ago !
Oh yeh The first owner was a guy who was repairing Clocks, you still can see that at the dash, he was never to late at a appointment !:wink:

Guido
69project
15 years ago

blimey is there enough stuff on the dash lol, where is this one?

stu wrote:

certainly got carried away with accessorising!!!

its like the starship enterprise.....
Car less.....
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

certainly got carried away with accessorising!!!

its like the starship enterprise.....

69project wrote:

yeh, lovely car though, i love beige ovals
54 Gertie
15 years ago
What is the metal strip in the apare wheel well Guido? :wink:

Some sortof "aftermarket" strengthener?:wink: :lol:

Lovely car! Suprised that the dash hasnt been crushed under the weight of all those accesories that would look much nicer on my shef at home, hint hint! :lol: :wink:
William
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

What is the metal strip in the apare wheel well Guido? :wink:

Some sortof "aftermarket" strengthener?:wink: :lol:

Lovely car! Suprised that the dash hasnt been crushed under the weight of all those accesories that would look much nicer on my shef at home, hint hint! :lol: :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

just an extra support for the spare wheel i reckon