And the seller is a Nice guy !!:lol:
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=741801

Here you go, in the UK AND £5K

'50 Karmann wrote:

ive contacted him, i was originally offered this car for £3500 when it was still in sweden, ive asked him if he will mot it for the asking price but he wont
mrsherbie
15 years ago

ive contacted him, i was originally offered this car for £3500 when it was still in sweden

stu wrote:

You should have bought it! He who dares wins. But its a long way to bring a car home from Sweden and not cheap anymore. I really like the look of this car, its the fantastic dark metallic 53 only I think? blue like the one at Beaulieu with red & blue wheels. Tip Top colour choice!
For me an MOT is not even a factor when looking for a 60yr old car if its original and solid I could'nt care less about an mot. There are dozens of ovals with MOTs on vz* that neither you or I would even be interested in or trust their mot's!
You will probably see 20 stratos cars (also nice of course) for every one that comes up og in this colour in fact I would far prefer this colour to my beige :roll: :lol:

And look how non rusty the front valance is! 5k for a 53 in this colour that you dont need to start buying metal for and restoring seems like a good deal to me, look at the work and £ JR is having to put into his 53's! :shock: at the end of the day you simply cannot beat a car with og metal and zero or only a few small repairs :d

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

You should have bought it! He who dares wins. But its a long way to bring a car home from Sweden and not cheap anymore. I really like the look of this car, its the fantastic dark metallic 53 only I think? blue like the one at Beaulieu with red & blue wheels. Tip Top colour choice!
For me an MOT is not even a factor when looking for a 60yr old car if its original and solid I could'nt care less about an mot. There are dozens of ovals with MOTs on vz* that neither you or I would even be interested in or trust their mot's!
You will probably see 20 stratos cars (also nice of course) for every one that comes up og in this colour in fact I would far prefer this colour to my beige :roll: :lol:

And look how non rusty the front valance is! 5k for a 53 in this colour that you dont need to start buying metal for and restoring seems like a good deal to me, look at the work and £ JR is having to put into his 53's! :shock: at the end of the day you simply cannot beat a car with og metal and zero or only a few small repairs :d

mrsherbie wrote:

yeh i do agree, that dark blue was a one year 53 only colour & its lovely with the original heringbone interior, i need to get off my arse & look at it :lol:
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

mrsherbie wrote:

beige is still a really nice colour on an oval though, do you have any pics of it? :d
Ovalbug
15 years ago
Can we please stop all the anti-beige comments :lol: .
My poor old '53 is getting rather upset at suggestions that there are other 'nicer' colours out there............

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Etzhold1
15 years ago

My poor old '53 is getting rather upset at suggestions that there are other 'nicer' colours out there............

Ovalbug wrote:

Is your 53 Beige ??
Maybe L210 beige green ? or L273 metal beige, if so please post a picture !!

Thanks,

Guido
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Ovalbug wrote:

i like beige ovals! show us some pics of yours :d
69project
15 years ago
cheap oval in classified for you...
Car less.....
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

cheap oval in classified for you...

69project wrote:

yeh, rang it earlier, its had nasty welding apparantly, & he wont send pics of the welded areas :roll:
GKL 7
15 years ago

yeh, rang it earlier, its had nasty welding apparantly, & he wont send pics of the welded areas :roll:

stu wrote:

Did he say where it was located:?:
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

i think hes near gatwick, but if ive got to redo loads of welding on it, i'd rather pass
Ovalbug
15 years ago

Is your 53 Beige ??
Maybe L210 beige green ? or L273 metal beige, if so please post a picture !!

Thanks,

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

i like beige ovals! show us some pics of yours :d

stu wrote:

Its Sahara Beige L272, only available for 9 months from March '53 onwards..........
Haven't got many decent photos as it has sat in my garage for almost 2 years now waiting to get the time to start the resto, so it looks terrible :lol: .
Apart from the engine lid which I put on the car as it didn't have a 'w' lid when bought everything else is 'as found', having spent almost 20 years in a farm barn.
All the wings are bashed and dented, but 3 out of the 4 are the factory originals, it is a matching numbers vehicle and has always been a UK car.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

It has had a (bad) exterior respray in the distant past and the resulting shade is too light, the interior paint is all OG and is a much creamier coffee-like colour.
I'd never been fond of beige cars (cue the hearing aid beige comments :lol: ) but I like this colour and am itching to get the resto started .........

'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
VW Stan
15 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

It's Dave F

https://www.splitvan-ovalbug.com/ 
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Its Sahara Beige L272, only available for 9 months from March '53 onwards..........
Haven't got many decent photos as it has sat in my garage for almost 2 years now waiting to get the time to start the resto, so it looks terrible :lol: .
Apart from the engine lid which I put on the car as it didn't have a 'w' lid when bought everything else is 'as found', having spent almost 20 years in a farm barn.
All the wings are bashed and dented, but 3 out of the 4 are the factory originals, it is a matching numbers vehicle and has always been a UK car.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

It has had a (bad) exterior respray in the distant past and the resulting shade is too light, the interior paint is all OG and is a much creamier coffee-like colour.
I'd never been fond of beige cars (cue the hearing aid beige comments :lol: ) but I like this colour and am itching to get the resto started .........

Ovalbug wrote:

i remember the bidding war on ebay for this one! i was quite tempted myself, what did it go for in the end? i no it wasnt cheap for a project, 3k?
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

It's Dave F

https://www.splitvan-ovalbug.com/ 

VW Stan wrote:

yeh i know, hes also selling the blue 53
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ovalbug wrote:

when are you starting it? no time like the present :wink: , has it got much rust?