VW Stan
15 years ago

yeh i know, hes also selling the blue 53

stu wrote:

That was aimed at George who was asking where it was located!

:roll:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago

That was aimed at George who was asking where it was located!

:roll:

VW Stan wrote:

whats your problem? he was asking me, who are you?
VW Stan
15 years ago
Sorry, no problem. just didn't think George realised that it was Dave who was selling it.

I'm Malc by the way.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Sorry, no problem. just didn't think George realised that it was Dave who was selling it.

I'm Malc by the way.

VW Stan wrote:

ok, no worries malc :lol:
69project
15 years ago
well ive arranged to buy ski rack etc so will have a look and let people know how bad welding is over weekend
Car less.....
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

well ive arranged to buy ski rack etc so will have a look and let people know how bad welding is over weekend

69project wrote:

can you check the inner rear wings, rear bulkhead corners, heater channels etc, could you take pics of those areas?
Ovalbug
15 years ago

i remember the bidding war on ebay for this one! i was quite tempted myself, what did it go for in the end? i no it wasnt cheap for a project, 3k?

stu wrote:

It was a tad over 2K, which I thought at the time was a very fair price 😎 , though looking back think it was cheap! :d
Went to view it whilst the auction was live and there were loads of people going to view it just whilst we were there, was convinced it was going to go for silly money 😞 .

when are you starting it? no time like the present :wink: , has it got much rust?

stu wrote:

Having restored a rusty '60s Karmann Ghia and 70s Beetles before it is amazingly solid; think VW really knew how to make cars back then! :lol:
Apart from all the bashes and dents (caused by farm machinery during its 20 year lay-up) all it needs are 2 patches under the rear seat and some attention to the o/s front inner wing; heater channels and floorpan are very good.
Hope to get it started later this year!

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
stu
  • stu
15 years ago
you should just get the essentials done & get it on the road as is, it would certainly turn some heads :lol:
69project
15 years ago
cheap oval is as described,needs a lot of work and dave is honest about this

reckoned he was going to strip it down instead
Car less.....
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

cheap oval is as described,needs a lot of work and dave is honest about this

reckoned he was going to strip it down instead

69project wrote:

how much is alot?, what needs doing?
mrsherbie
15 years ago

It was a tad over 2K, which I thought at the time was a very fair price , though looking back think it was cheap!
Went to view it whilst the auction was live and there were loads of people going to view it just whilst we were there, was convinced it was going to go for silly money .

Ovalbug wrote:

Yes, it was the only beetle we have ever bid on ebay for! and I think you got a really good buy too, if I remember it ended at a funny time? Boxing day or something? I think that helped!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

Yes, it was the only beetle we have ever bid on ebay for! and I think you got a really good buy too, if I remember it ended at a funny time? Boxing day or something? I think that helped!

mrsherbie wrote:

lets some pics of your beige car then anna, you can sell it to me if your not keen on beige :lol:
69project
15 years ago

how much is alot?, what needs doing?

stu wrote:

EVERYTHING!!!!:roll: :lol:
Car less.....
stu
  • stu
15 years ago

EVERYTHING!!!!:roll: :lol:

69project wrote:

o bugger :lol:
69project
15 years ago

o bugger :lol:

stu wrote:

the other one he has for sale looked ok though,up for 5k though....

may have to wait til sun comes out or credit crunch bites a bit more:cry:
Car less.....
Ovalbug
15 years ago

you should just get the essentials done & get it on the road as is, it would certainly turn some heads :lol:

stu wrote:

I do keep saying that to myself, but I do prefer shiny paint :lol: , one thing I might do though is try and remove some of the crappy respray coat to see if there is a decent OG topcoat under there that can be salvaged.

mrsherbie wrote:

It must be the only VW I've ever had that is worth more now than I've spent on it,as all the others have been veritable money-pits :lol:
You're right about the auction end-time, it was the May Bank Holiday evening, so guess a lot of people must still have been out :d .
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
mrsherbie
15 years ago
May yes, boxing day? my memory is terrible! :shock: :lol:
Yes the irony is that they actually creep up in value all the while you just leave them sitting there sleeping! Dont worry I have not touched mine since I polished it up a year ago either :lol:

No Stu, you cant have our beige ovals as ovalbug and I are both enjoying just storing them far too much! :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Ovalbug
15 years ago

May yes, boxing day? my memory is terrible! :shock: :lol:
Yes the irony is that they actually creep up in value all the while you just leave them sitting there sleeping! Dont worry I have not touched mine since I polished it up a year ago either :lol:

No Stu, you cant have our beige ovals as ovalbug and I are both enjoying just storing them far too much! :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

You're quite wrong Anna :lol: .
I really hate seeing the oval sitting in the garage looking all forlorn and unloved, just dont have the time currently what with a full-time job etc to get it started 😞 .
I've never even had a ride in an oval, that's something I can only dream of; anyone fancy a ride in a Karmann Ghia or Beetle cab at the next show in return for a spin in their oval? :lol: :lol:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
GKL 7
15 years ago

It's Dave F

https://www.splitvan-ovalbug.com/ 

VW Stan wrote:

HMMM!! Guy always has a "Oval Wanted" ad on the Samba.
:shock: Is it just me 2+2=5ing.
GKL 7
15 years ago
https://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=537004 .

Think this is aswell as you'll do for 5K.
(sorry for the link Rob,but it's a bargain).